Terms of Service
Rock climbing is extremely dangerous and can result in serious injury or death. Users acting on any information directly or indirectly available from this site do so at their own risk. There are no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy or reliability of information presented by Climb.World service. Your use of this service indicates your assumption of the risk that it may contain errors and an acknowledgement of your own sole responsibility for your climbing safety. Access to the Climb.World website is only permitted subject whose over 13 years old to acceptance of these general terms and conditions. Climb.World is free to modify the service's terms at any time and provide to inform its users.
- The whole content is provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. Climb.World takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any user content or third party posts or transmits using our services. The user acknowledges and agrees that he may be exposed to user content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
- The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his password and account. He is therefore fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under his password or account. User must notify to Climb.World any unauthorized use of his password or account or any other breach of security, and ensure that he logs out from his account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. Climb.World will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the failure to comply with these obligations. The user accepts that all the functionalities offered on this website are subjected to maintenance change or removed or added. Climb.World can do that at any time, without inform its users.
- The user authorize free of charge and without time limits Climb.World to the publication and/or sharing in any form of data and images (photos and videos) which he published on the website Climb.World or he voluntarily submitted by any means the administrators of the said website, aware that the purpose of this publication and/or sharing can be informative and/or promotional and/or commercial
- The user, sharing content on our web site, reserves all rights to Climb.World and grants the right to Climb.World to use, copy, save in cache, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works from them and store such content.
The information of a public nature: data and images related to Crags, Boulder Areas, Routes, Rocks and Lines posted by users and by the administration of Climb.World are distributed under cc-by-sa license.
All information not included in the license cc-by-sa are reserved. It spread and / or disclosure to any purpose is forbidden.
- Users can not use Climb.World to share content from third parties, unless third party's expressed permission.
- Climb.World is a community which can only be accessed by invitation. Users must use the invite function only to invite their friends or promote events advertised through Climb.World and shall not in any way to send spam or use the service for malicious purposes.
User specifically agrees not to post, upload, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise make public the following contents through the portal:
- Messages, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or other material false, unlawful, misleading, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, indecent, scurrilous, threatening, inciting the threat of other people, intimidating, harmful privacy or advertising rights, offensive rights, fraudulent or otherwise damaging another's image.
- Evidently offensive content of the online community, such as content that promotes racism, extremism, hatred or physical harm of any kind against individuals or groups subject.
- Contents that may constitute, encourage, promote or incite illegal conduct, crimes, give rise to civil liability, violate the rights of any party in any country in the world or which may otherwise give rise to liability with respect to or violation of local, state, national, international.
- Contents they provide information that incites to illegal activities, such as creating or buying illegal weapons, violating the privacy of others or distributing or creating computer viruses.
- Contents that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. In particular, the content that promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, such as counterfeit computer programs or links to them, information which would circumvent copy-protected devices installed by the manufacturer, distribution of music piracy or counterfeit music link.
- Contents pretending to impersonate individuals or entities or that suggest so mendacious your affiliation with any person or entity, including Climb.World.
- Unsolicited promotions, mass mailings or "spam", the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, campaigns, advertising.
- Contents, including commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent (by email).
- Private information of any third part, including, without limitation, names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers, credit card numbers.
- Contents that contain pages with restricted access, or password protected, hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); viruses, corrupted data or other harmful files.
- Contents not related to the subject matter of the interactive areas in which such contents are published.
Contents or links to contents which, in the only discretion of Climb.World:
- (a) violates the provisions thereof,
- (b) are considered questionable,
- (c) restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the interactive areas or portal by other users,
- (d) which may expose Climb.World People or damage or liability of any kind.
Climb.World disclaims any liability and makes no warranties with respect to content posted, stored or uploaded by the user or by third parties, in case of loss or damage.
Climb.World disclaims also any responsibility for any mistakes, defamation, slander, omission, misrepresentation, obscene language, pornographic or profane. As a provider of interactive services, Climb.World disclaims any liability for any statements, representations or content provided by users in any public forum, personal home page or other interactive area.
Although Climb.World has no obligation to analyze, edit, or monitor the content posted on the portal, Climb.World reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove, analyze, translate or edit without notice any content posted or archived on the portal at any time or for any reason, or to allow such operations to a third part on their own. The user is solely responsible for creating backup copies and replacing any Content posted or stored on the portal, assuming all costs and expenses.
Climb.World cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures or hosting. For any problem about security, please Contact Us.
- Climb.World is a registered trademark: code, name, logo, pictograms and graphic elements of the site are protected by copyright.
As for the contents covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos, you grant Climb.World the following permissions:
- The user provides to Climb.World a non-exclusive licence, transferable, which can be granted as a sub-license, royalty-free and valid worldwide, which allows the use of any content posted on Climb.World or in connection with Climb.World.
- When the user deletes content from Climb.World they are deleted. It might be possible that the removed content is stored in backup copies for a specified period of time (although not visible to others).
- The user may at any time make some content private. That does not make visible profile data and ascents. Climb.World guarantee that such content will be blacked out on its platform. Climb.World could however not be able to ensure that transferred content (e.g., shared on other social network) are also obscured on external systems/portals.
This means that no one can:
- Reverse the design or development or groped in any other way to find the source code, sell, release, license or otherwise transfer any right relating to the website and/or its contents.
- Modify, reproduce, rent, borrow, sell, distribute or create entirely or partly by the data derived works covered by intellectual property rights regarding the use of Climb.World as, for example, photos, videos and messages.
Climb.world is not responsible in case of such violations by users.
Licenses on public data
The data and images related to Crags, Boulder Areas, Routes, Rocks, Lines and Postcards entered by users and the administration of Climb.World is licensed under: cc-by-sa
This means that anyone can:
- Reproduce, distribute, communicate to the public, publicly display, perform, and perform data on Crags, Boulder Areas, Routes, Rocks, Lines and Postcards in any medium and format.
- You can also edit this material and rely on it for their work, for any purpose
under the following conditions:
- One must recognize a mention of suitable paternity (linking, eg., The profile of Climb.World user), providing a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You can do this in any reasonable way possible, but not in ways that suggest that the licensor endorsements you or your use of the material.
- If you edit, transform the material or you rely on it, you must distribute your contributions under the same license of the original material.
Climb.World does not be liable for indirect loss or damage sustained by the user in the context of use of the website and/or the content there of placed at his/her disposal. There's no ceiling compensation for any indirect loss or damage. The climb.world's user are the sole responsabile for any type of contents. Climb.world does not be liable at all in one or other of the following cases:
- Loss of opportunities or of business income linked to the functioning or non-functioning or use or non-use of the website, or of the content that is on it or should be on it.
- Illegal or unauthorized intrusion of any third party in the climb.world webserver or website.
- Temporary congestion of the bandwidth.
- Break in the internet connection service for reasons beyond the control of climb.world.
- For any damage resulting from NOT respect these rules.
For any controversy or dispute, the user agrees to contact climb.world team and attempt to resolve the dispute with us. Otherwise the Law and jurisdiction occur in Italy where law shall be applicable.
Last update September 2016